Nik Collection 2018 by DxO - FREE with selected X-Rite products!
X-Rite and DxO have teamed up to offer a full licence to Nik Collection 2018 by DxO completely free with qualifying X-Rite products. This award-winning software is worth £59/€69 and provides a unique set of tools to enhance your creative workflow.
About Nik Collection 2018 by DxO
Nik Collection 2018 by DxO is a series of 7 renowned creative plugins for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Lightroom, providing filters, rendering and photo retouching tools to create stunning images.
COLOR EFEX PRO
A comprehensive set of filters for colour correction, retouching, and creative effects.
SILVER EFEX PRO
The world's leading black and white software with darkroom-inspired controls.
The most powerful software to selectively control colour, tonality and light in your photographs.
ANALOG EFEX PRO
Explore the look and feel of classic cameras, films, and lenses.
HDR EFEX PRO
From natural to artistic, explore the full potential of HDR photography.
Bring out hidden details consistently with the professional's choice for image sharpening.
Improve your images with noise reduction tailored to your camera.
See terms for more information:
Every journey to Color Perfection starts with a Passport!
The new and more powerful ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 is the indispensable tool that helps you capture the colors of the world more perfectly and ensures that from initial capture to edit, you are beginning with the most accurate files possible. No matter where you set off to explore and create, always have your Passport.
GRAY BALANCE TARGET
18% middle gray is the industry de facto standard reference used to produce consistent image exposure and/or color in film and photography. Use it with a reflective light meter or your in-camera meter to check lighting ratios and light distribution. Plus, it can be used to neutral balance and remove color casts.
- Set proper camera exposure
- Check lighting ratios, important for portrait photography
- Alternate choice for custom neutral balancing of your camera
WHITE BALANCE TARGET
Starting with an accurate white balance ensures the colors you capture are true and provides a point of reference for post-shoot editing. This target is created to exacting standards to be spectrally neutral and reflect light equally across the visible spectrum. This provides a neutral reference point to accurately compensate for different lighting conditions.
- Eliminate color casts
- Improve the color preview on camera display
- Speed up post production - eliminate the need to neutralize each image separately
Note: Raw shooters can capture this target anytime during the session.
JPEG shooters should make it their first shot.
"Why can't I use just any white object?"
White balancing with a piece of paper or other gray element in the scene may seem like a simple workaround, but most objects are not actually neutral under all lighting conditions; and they're certainly not consistent. An inaccurate white balance results in color casts and a lack of consistency as lighting conditions change. This can slow down your post processing as you attempt to fix the resulting color casts.
Photographing the industry-standard ColorChecker Classic is an important step in attaining consistent, predictable color at capture. When combined with the Camera Calibration Software, you can produce custom DNG and/or ICC profiles of your camera's response to scene lighting for consistent, predictable and repeatable results from image to image and camera to camera.
The Classic target also provides a visual point of color reference so you can see exactly how color corrections will affect the rest of your colors before you apply them. Each of the 24 color patches represents the colors of natural objects, such as sky blue, skin tones and leaf green; and each patch reflects light just like its real-world counterpart. Each square is individually colored using a solid tone to produce pure, flat, rich color without dots or mixed tints.
ColorChecker Classic target is also supported by these 3rd party software solutions:
- Hasselblad Phocus
- Black Magic DaVinci Resolve
- 3D LUT Creator
CREATIVE ENHANCEMENT TARGET
The Creative Enhancement Target adds a higher level of color creativity and control to your workflow. It includes four rows of color patches designed for image editing that can be instantly applied with just the click of an eyedropper.
- Two rows of warming and cooling patches in the middle serve as a creative guide for you to create pleasing and repeatable edits. Creatively refine the color of your image by adding warmth to skin tones or boost the deep greens or blues in a landscape. Simply click and sync your selection to other images that were shot under that same lighting to create pleasing edits - it's that simple!
- A row of clipping patches across the bottom serve as a visual reference for judging, controlling and editing images for shadow details or highlight clipping. The clipping patches are separated into two groups: light and dark. Each patch is 1/3 F-stop difference between them with the exception of the last black patch. The exposure difference between the darkest and next darkest patch is approximately 1/10th of a stop, and the dynamic range of the target is about 32:1 (5 stops).
- The top HSL (hue, saturation, lightness) row includes 8 spectrum patches to ensure color fidelity across all hues so you can evaluate and edit for any color shifts.